ONLINE ONLY AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Home for the Holiday(Literally) Special Terms:
ST1. A 10% Down Payment will be due with the signing of the purchase agreement by 5:00 PM on December 29, 2021. Balance will be due upon delivery of Deed and Abstract showing merchantable title at time of closing. Closing to occur on or before January 30, 2022.
ST2. A Standard Iowa Real Estate Commission purchase agreement will be used for this transaction.
ST3. Possession will be at time of closing.
G1. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they are a legal binding contract between you (the Bidder) and Wears Auctioneering Inc. To register and bid in this auction you must agree to these terms and are bound by them as a bidder.
G2. Please be aware that these terms are GENERAL INFORMATION for all auction listings and special terms can apply. When such Special Terms apply, we do our best to outline those in an Information lot at the beginning of the auction catalog.
G3. All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS, with NO WARRANTY expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer to determine the condition of the items and bid accordingly. All items must be considered used or previously owned. Even if labeled as new in box, we cannot guarantee the item will be in full retail condition. Place your bids accordingly and read all descriptions and Terms prior to placing your bids. No refunds will be issued.
G4. Items may appear to be grouped in a photo. Do not assume a lot consists of more than one item simply because they are connected or pictured together. Please inspect the written information and read the descriptions carefully. You are bidding on the described item not the photograph, occasionally the wrong photo may be displayed. Contact our office if you are unclear as to what is included in a lot.
G5. Once you place and confirm a bid through our bidding platform, you cannot remove or lower a bid. No bids will be removed once they have been placed.
G6. Due diligence is the responsibility of you (the Bidder). All sales are final. When the bidding ends on our website and you are the high bidder, you then assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale.
G7. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone bidding, buying, selling and/or at pick up.
G8. The most recent correspondence with buyers via email or our website take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements.
G9. The auction company is not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or omissions.
G10. The auctioneer reserves the right to add or remove items from the auction; split or combine lots; add minimum bids or reserve prices. The auctioneer reserves the right to cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule an individual item and or auction event or to make changes to the auction closing times or inspection or removal times.
G11. Items used in photos for displaying and or containing items such as crates, totes, step blocks, back drops, etc. are not part of the selling lot unless specifically listed in the description.
When you register to bid with Wears Auctioneering and Marknet Alliance, you must create a bidding profile. This profile contains your personal information – you can always view and edit your profile by logging into our website. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the information on that profile is VALID and CURRENT. We rely on that information to contact you and process payment. Address, Phone, Billing, Credit Card and Email information are particularly important! If you need help logging in or resetting information in your profile, contact our office.
In order to register to bid in any online auction, you must have a valid email address. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your particular server accepts emails from our server. We use email as our primary method of communication and you will not receive any other method of bidding, registering, or invoice confirmation from our office, so make sure your emails are working. ALWAYS contact our office if you are not receiving proper emails from our company – we can help troubleshoot, but your server may not receive emails as consistently as others.
BUYERS PREMIUM: There is no buyers premium on this auction.
A1. The closing time of the auction will be listed within the auction information page of our website. Once bidding closes, items you have won become your responsibility – make note of closing times!
A2. Our auctions feature EXTENDED BIDDING. If a bid is placed on a lot within the last FIVE minutes of the auction, bidding will extend on that lot for FIVE minutes past the closing time. That lot will remain open until there are no bids on that item during the extended time period(s). This only affects lots that receive a bid during the last FIVE minutes of the auction. Any lot not bid on in the last five minutes will close as scheduled. Example: If you are participating in an auction that closes at 6:00 PM and you place a bid at 5:55, that lot will extend until 6:05 p.m. and will keep extending in Five-minute increments at time a new bid is placed. It will stop extending when no bid has been placed during the extended time period(s).
A3. There are occasions when we have an EXTEND ONE/EXTEND ALL auction. In this case, if any single lot receives a bid in the last FIVE minutes, ALL LOTS in the auction will extend in Five-minute increments.
A4. Our auctions offer MAXIMUM BIDDING. This means that you can bid a higher number than the next “Asking Bid”. You can place a max bid at any time in the place bid space by simply entering the highest number you want to bid. When you place a MAX BID, the current bid price will only go to the next increment, or one increment over someone else’s max bid if one has been placed. The computer will bid for you in the pre-determined auction increments up to your highest dollar entered only if someone else bids against you to raise your bid to that dollar amount.
A5. When someone has already entered a MAX BID on an item you are bidding on, the system will automatically bid for you until you are the current high Bidder or you reach your MAX BID. If you have reached your MAX BID and are still not the current high Bidder, the system will give you the opportunity to enter another MAX BID.
A6. Bids will be placed in the order that they are received. If TWO buyers enter a BID of the same dollar amount, the buyer who entered his/her bid FIRST will be the bidder that is in at that price. If you bid a certain amount and see that the bid is indeed that amount, but you are not the 'Winning Bidder', that means that someone else had a max bid of that amount and so their bid was placed into the system ahead of yours. The best way to know if you are out is to check your email as you should get an email every time you are outbid.
A7. You may request out bid notices when registering for your online bidding account. You can choose to have them sent to your email, cell phone via text message or both. If you are not able to be around a computer/ mobile device during the closing of the auction or receive and/or read your outbid notices, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you utilize the max bidding feature. Please remember, you can always raise your max bid, but you CANNOT lower it.
A8. Wears Auctioneering is not responsible for internet malfunctions, loss of connection or system glitches that may prevent you from placing last minute bids, or receiving notices from our company. Don’t wait until the last minute to bid; if the system is busy, your bids may not process within the last seconds of an auction closing.
P1. Payment for all purchases is due immediately at the conclusion of the auction unless specifically outlined otherwise.
P2. A Valid credit card is required for bidding approval. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. No other payment method will be allowed unless it is specifically stated on our website. Currency: USD only
P3. If charges are declined by the credit card processor a non-sufficient funds charge of $25.00 will be charged each time processing is denied. The buyer will be notified of NSF transaction through e-mail and be given 24 hours to contact Wears Auctioneering with an alternative payment method.
P4. Wears Auctioneering will charge Purchase price, Buyer’s Premium charges and any applicable handling fees to the credit card that you have recorded in your profile up to $1500.
P5. Any invoice over $1,500.00 will require wire transfer. Credit Card will not be accepted for invoices over $1500.
P6. Payment for any titled item, such as autos, boats, trailers and some ATVs, will require a wire transfer of funds in full before being released to the buyer.
P7. If purchases are not settled within 24 hours of the close of the auction, they are considered in default. Upon default, the Bidder’s privileges may be suspended on Wears Auctioneering Inc. as well as MarkNet Alliance auctions. Bidding privileges may be reinstated when default has been satisfied. Subsequent defaults may result in bidding privileges being blocked or denied. Such action may be taken at the sole discretion of Wears Auctioneering, Inc and/or Marknet Alliance.
P8. Payment in full is required before receiving your invoice itemizing your purchases and fees.
P9. No credit card charge backs will be allowed. NO refunds will be given.
I1. Once you’ve paid, Wears Auctioneering will send you an invoice via email with confirmation of items won, the purchase total, and applicable fees.
I2. If you do NOT receive an invoice, you can find the invoice in your profile on our website. You may also contact our office to resend the invoice. It is your responsibility to ensure you have your invoice before pickup time.
I3. If you were bidding on an item and think you have the winning bid, but did not receive an invoice. Please read “Viewing Past Auctions, Winning Bids & Invoice” section of these terms.
Buyer hereby agrees to pay and authorizes Wears Auctioneering to charge their credit card for any of the applicable infraction as follows:
Pick up NO SHOW, Leaving Lot OR Partial Lot behind: $25.00 per item or actual cost of disposal whichever is greater. Plus, forfeiture of item.
Load out assistance:: $25.00 per item. Staff IS NOT for hire to help. This charge is initiated if YOU fail to bring adequate help. This includes moving items out so staff and Seller can leave on time.
Bringing Lot back to Office for pick up or moving lot out for late pickup: $25.00 per item plus packing materials and $30.00 per hour labor. This service is NOT available for large items.
Not completing Pick up Process within the proper timeframe: $30/ First Half hour $30.00/Hr After first Half hour. Per Staff member.
Arrange Special Pick-up Time w/Staff outside of time outlined in TERMS; $30/Hr per staff member. Clock starts when staff leaves office until return to office.
Disabling Your Online Account:
Your account maybe disabled due to one or more of the following reasons:
Non-payment of an invoice
Not showing up at pickup
Arriving late at pickups
Not signing up for pick up times, requiring staff to call by phone
Difficulty charging credit card or invalid credit card
Inappropriate treatment of staff or sellers
Damage of property at pickup
Refusing to pay for shipping
Showing up at pickups unprepared with removal materials or help loading
Not removing all of your winnings from an auction
Viewing Past Auctions, Winning Bids & Invoices:
You can always view past auctions, winning bids and invoices through our website. To view past auctions, click on the auction results tab at the bottom of the home page. Within any past auction, you can always see the high bid and bidder by viewing the individual lot information. If you log into your profile, you can click the invoices tab to view all your past invoices from Wears Auctioneering. This is a great resource if your invoice email did not come through! You can also click on MY ITEMS and view all the individual items you have ever won through our website. It is the bidder’s responsibility to ALWAYS know what items they have won. We have done our best to provide you with the above information and resources. We ask that you be a responsible bidder and access these resources as needed.
Special Terms of Sale:
1. All property is sold AS-IS Where-Is, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Wears Auctioneering Inc. may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising and on the Internet, but makes no representations. In no event shall Wears Auctioneering Inc. be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. Some items may be listed as NIB New in Box. Every effort will be made to ensure that each item stays in the same condition that it was photographed in. However, all property is sold AS-IS, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
2. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Wears Auctioneering Inc. shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. Wears Auctioneering Inc. will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
3. Wears Auctioneering Inc. is providing Internet bidding as a service to Bidders. Bidders acknowledge and understand that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction close. Under no circumstances shall Bidders have any kind of claim against Wears Auctioneering Inc. or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the Online Auction. Wears Auctioneering Inc. will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet Bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged, should use the max bid feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction. Wears Auctioneering Inc. reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
4. The Bidder is responsible for knowing which item is being bid on. If the Bidder is unsure, they should inquire or not bid. When becoming the winning Bidder at auction, you have affected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful Bidder. Auctioneer will not honor a mistake.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept bids in any increment he feels is in the best interest of his client, the Seller. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments he feels is not in the best interest of the Seller.
6. Purchaser does hereby indemnify and hold harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any and all damages, claims or liabilities from injuries to persons or property of any type whatsoever caused during the sale or by the removal of items purchased. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability whatsoever resulting from the use of the item(s) sold hereunder; and shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any liability.
7. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available to Auctioneer and Seller by law, including without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price, the Auctioneer, at their option may (1) resell the property publicly or privately, with purchaser being liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs incurred, or (2) cancel the sale, retaining liquidated damages on all payments made by purchaser, Auctioneer commission and all other incidental damages will be charged.
8. Information in brochures, catalogs and other advertisements are from sources believed to be reliable; however prospective purchasers are urged to inspect the inventory or property to satisfy themselves as to condition, model, manufacturer, year, features, mileage, survey, acres, etc. Neither the Auctioneer nor our client make any guarantees and are not responsible for listing or advertising inaccuracies or discrepancies.